Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Turkey Blog to Banjo Blog

I haven't been blogging much lately, because rather than think about doing something, I've been actually doing it. I'm sure I will have more turkey related stuff after next week. I'm going out to New Mexico on Sunday and am very excited to go turkey hunting, but kind of ran out of material for continuing a turkey hunting blog. I am currently learning how to play the banjo that I borrowed from my dad. I am having a blast and look forward to getting a new instrument. I've been saving my pennies. It will take me a while, but in the mean time I'll practice using my dad's Harmony banjo from the mid seventies. It doesn't sound too bad for a plastic banjo. I've learned the words to a couple songs and can sing to a slowed down roll for those songs. Its fun and is getting me started. I also learned a couple of easy songs from tabulature. Tab is helping me learn my way around the fingerboard and a lot of fun. I have been practicing some rolls and also the basic frailing strum, but have spent most of my time on learning to sing while chording and the tab.

No comments: